September 22, 2014
New Places- The Journey
 Bailey and I traveled together to Italy. Our journey started the night of September 21st, 2014. We left my parents house on Whidbey Island to come to Seattle. It’s only about a two-hour shuttle ride to get there. We stayed at the Double Tree. From there we did not get enough sleep and woke up at 3:45am in order to get to the airport at 4:30 am.   Our first flight was at six out of Seattle to Detroit. It was a short flight only about three hours and forty-five minutes. I have never been to that airport so that was fun and on the plus side it was very nice. I think it was about a four hour layover so Bailey and I ate a nice breakfast and meet up with Mark Moak and a few of the other girls in our group. Then from Detroit we went to Rome. The flight was only like 8 hours so it wasn't to long at all. I watched a few movies and a couple episodes of how I met your mother. Sadly I was unable to sleep. This part of the travel day was really easy and went by fast… the long part was waiting at the airport for everyone. We got there at about 9 and then waited till 2:30. Customs was very interesting because they didn’t ask any questions and just stamped my passport and let me in. Hmm? Makes me wonder… The airport wasn’t bad at all though. There were lots of people but we found a nice little spot to set up camp and I had a slice of pizza that was rather delicious. Once everyone arrived we took a three-hour bus ride to the villa. This is where I crashed and could not stay awake to save my life! I really wish I could have because there were some really interesting ruins in Rome but luckily we will be back there! Finally we made it to the villa around seven tonight, the night of September 22. Pretty long travel day! But so happy and blessed to be here cant wait for all the Italian adventures that await us!           


Ferry ride leaving the Island! Wont be back till November 15th. Going to miss it.

Love and miss my family! 


No comments:

Post a Comment