1st week of class! I cant Believe a week has passed by so fast! Big adventures ahead of us. Cant wait to see what they have in store. 
So I need to work on my blog skills because I am not good at keeping up with it… obviously. So my goal for this next week is to post more! It’s hard when we are so busy all day and get home late  at night.
Everything is going by so fast! The first week of school we studied art history. A lot of art! About 8 centuries or so of Roman art. We also had Italian class! Both classes are really enjoyable and as I type I really should be studying for them. I really love learning Italian we have a great teacher. Art history is really interesting as well and Mark knows so much! I’m very excited to go to the sites and see the art.
One very exciting thing about the villa is that there are five kittens and a mama cat! Besides the cats the setting of the villa is absolutely beautiful! We are up on a hill overlooking the valleys blow and not to mention there is a castle as our neighbor! I am very excited for my parents to come and visit and see how gorgeous it is.
On our first day of Italian class we walk to the neighboring town and learned how to order some delicious gelato. From there classes for the rest of the week were filled with lots of art history and learning some simple phrases in Italian… so we can at least introduce ourselves and ask for directions.
            On Saturday we had a class trip to Perugia! Rossela the owner of the villa where we are staying at gave us a tour of am old Baroque style church, St. Peters is what it was named. It was so beautiful. Pictures to come! In the basement of the church was an old church where they would practice in secret because Christians were persecuted at the time. From the church we went to the best pizza place in Perugia and it was delicious. Then we continued our journey with Rossela and went to the archeological museum. There were so many cool artifacts. My all time favorite had to be the jewelry form any time period. It was so cool to see all of these things.
            Sunday was spent packing for Sicily and Rome. We will be in Sicily for a week traveling all over and then from there we will spend five days in Rome I think. I am so excited to go to Rome mainly because I get to see my parents. I cannot wait!! Next post will be about all of our adventures in Sicily. Pictures are on there way… they still need to be edited in lightroom!
            I am learning lots not only in class but also about how to use the camera and edit my pictures in lightroom. We also had a short watercolor class taught by Mark. I am excited to get started but also nervous because I have no idea what I am doing.... Next post about adventures in Sicily!


 Bailey doing her thing! Working on those photo skills. 





No comments:

Post a Comment