The Villa with my parents October 12th-17th

This was also our first week of water color class but I will talk about that next week. For now I just am enjoying my parents being here! 
 They started off there adventures at the villa by going to Assisi! My mom fell in love with Assisi. Sadly we did not get to join our parents on this trip but, from what my mom tells me it is amazing! I am looking forward to going there. They had lunch at Dal Moro, a fancy hotel, they said that it was one of the best meals they have every had. My dad took pictures of every dish on his phone and showed me it looked wonderful. The next day they went to Orvieto where they visited a factory that produced true italian dish wear that are hand painted. My parents bought two and I'm excited to see them when I get home. This factory had been in the family for twenty five generations! It's wonderful having my parents here and being able to have dinner with them every night. 
On Wednesday we got to go with the parent group to Siena! We visited the Duomo there and it was so beautiful. I loved the different stone the church was made out of. It was striped with black and white stone. We also got to see the floors of the church, which are only open for a few months out of the year. They were made out of different types of marble and very intricate and beautiful. After that we got to go exploring by ourselves and I went with my parents shopping and to lunch. We had a wonderful day in this beautiful city. 
On thursday my parents went on another adventure to some other little towns and to Perugia where they visited some of the same places that we got to go to the first week we were there. We had a going away dinner that night for all of the parents. It was a great time with lots of wonderful food and wine. The parents created a song for all of the guides they had this week, like Richard and Cathy the two people form Bozeman that are in charge for planning they trip for us and also Mark and Reht. It was great and I wish I had a video to share. Sadly on Friday my parents left. I will miss them but I am so glad they came and were able to share some of this amazing adventure with me. 


Part of the bakery we went to in Siena! It was delicious.

The town square in Siena.

My mom being fabulous walking up to the Duomo.

The Duomo in Siena.

Inside the Church in Siena.

Leo playing the piano for a few of the parents.

The family :)

Everyone singing the song they wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment