Weekend trip to Venice, Verona, Milan~November 7th-9th


There are only six of us that went on this adventure! Bailey, Dave, Michaela, Sorcha, Michaels friend Rebecca, and of course me! We left from Perugia Friday for Venice. We knew it was going to be rainy but we didn't let that discourage us from visiting and having a great time. We arrived and managed to find our hotel through the  confusing streets. They are confusing because you have to cross over bridges and criss cross back and fourth. It's a great way to see this beautiful city. Everything there is beautiful. We were lucky because it wasn't to rainy in the afternoon or that night. So we went exploring and taking lots of pictures! When we were there we had the experience of high tide and rain! Don't worry lots of picture below of the flooding. Our first stop of our exploration was the most famous bridge in Venice! it was so pretty with all of the gondolas and boats traveling around and under it. From there we made our way to San Marcos Square, stopping at a few churches along the way. It is still an absolute beautiful city even though there was a drizzle come down. The best part of the trip to Venice would have to be Friday night. We went back to the bridge and did lots of long exposure shots so we could get the light stream of the boats coming and going! So beautiful! Next, we went back to San Marcos where we did what i would call light painting with our phones. So for this we left our camera shutter open for about thirty seconds and we stood in the shot and spelled things out with our phone. We did this for about an hour and had lots of people observing us. Form there we went wondering around the streets trying to capture other cool shots! The we stopped for some dinner and had some pizza then continued beck to our hotel and got a little lost but we eventually made it back.
The next day it was raining pretty heavily and the tide was supper high so guess what... yes you're right the streets were all flooded! It was crazy! I almost made it out of Venice without soaking my shoes but the last turn we took to get to the train satiation there was no way of avoiding the super high water in the flooding street and I had to walk straight throughout the gross water. I ruined my shoes so I had to buy some new ones at the train station because i was not going to go the rest of the weekend with soaking wet shoes. At 11 we got on the train and headed to Verona! This is the place where Romeo and Juliet are from. We ventured to Juliet's house. This is where you tape your letter to Juliet up on the wall or just write on the wall. It was so cool to see all of the letters and what not. So of course i added a little something with me and Clay's name on it and so did Bailey for her and Cody. Also, there is a statue of Juliet there. The tradition is that you are suppose to touch her boob and then you will have true love in your life. And of course Bailey, Dave, and I had to partake in this tradition. The we continued our journey around the city doing a little shopping and admiring the beauty of it all. We all saw the colosseum that is in Verona but we didn't go inside. At six we got on the train headed to Milan. We were all pretty tired so we walked around a little bit and stopped for gelato and snacks then headed back to the hotel. 
Sunday all of us girls decided to sleep in. I foot to mention I had a cold this weekend so I really needed the sleep. Dave got up early though to go and see The Last Supper! He got a few snap shots on his iPhone so at least we got to see those. Us girls set out later at about 8 to meet Dave at this massive castle. It was pretty spectacular just because of the size of it. From there we walked across the park and stopped for a few to take pictures of The Arch of Peace (at least I think this is the name). Then we went to the Duomo of Milan. The church from the outside is so ornate and stunning! We did not get to go inside but that was okay because the outside was beautiful enough for me. The church is located right next to the oldest mall in the world!! I think that fashion is an art form and I love it. So at the oldest mall of course there is Louis Vuitton, Prada, and other spectacular stores. After all of this we made our way to the train station and grabbed a bite to eat then we were on out way back home to the villa for our last week here in Italy! 
I am so happy I came on this trip to Italy. I have learned so much and have got to travel to so many amazing places. I am truly blessed and this trip has inspired me to become more worldly and continue traveling. I can not wait for my next adventure. I also cannot thank the people enough who have made this trip so enjoyable! The teachers, students, and everyone at the villa have been amazing. I will be so sad to leave at the end of the week but I am very excited to see my family as well. 











































 

No comments:

Post a Comment